trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issue #2416 - Log Collation Memory Leak.
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2018 19:53:45 GMT

> On Jul 26, 2018, at 3:14 AM, Chou, Peter <pbchou@labs.att.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> After some additional study on how the ink_atomic_increment() and LogBuffer::destroy()
work together in the LogFile::, LogHost::, and LogHostList::preproc_and_try_delete() functions,
the following is probably a better patch to address this issue. Appreciate any second opinions
on this before I open a PR.

Nice find.

However, I have two comments on this:

1) I’d really prefer not to respin the 7.1.x release over this. Most people don’t use
this (IMO broken) feature. I hope that’s ok.

2) I’d like to restart the discussions of removing this feature from v9.0.0 again (in fact,
I kinda wish we could nuke its from 8.0.0, but a little late for that).

For #2, I feel that there are a lot better tools out there, like Kafka, Elastic Search (or
Splunk for a commercial solution).

I’ll make a separate thread on asking for the deprecation and removal of this feature :-)

Cheers,

— Leif