trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Carroll <solidwallofc...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>
Subject Location for test plugins
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2017 16:50:18 GMT
PR 2042 has a special plugin in it which is used only for performing tests. This is just the
first of something that is going to occur repeatedly in the future. These plugins are not
written to be general purpose but will be effectively custom built specifically for the test.
We should decide now how we want that structured. Some options are
* Put them in example.* Put them in tests/plugins* Put them in the directory containing the
test.
My personal preference is the second. I think these plugins are unlikely to be good example
plugins and they certainly aren't production ready. On the other hand, having a single place
to look for test plugins is in my view useful and better than scattering them in different
sub directories under tests.