trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Petar Bozhidarov Penkov <ppen...@stanford.edu>
Subject TS-4703 && PR-829
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2016 19:50:25 GMT
Hello,

I am writing in accordance with the referenced Pull Request and JIRA issue.
I am proposing a GET-er method for Transactions's underlying protocol. This
relates to TS-2987 and is effectively one of the proposed solutions, a
wrapper around ProxyClientTransaction::get_protocol_string() . The proposed
API is as follows:

*tsapi const char *TSHttpTxnClientProtocolGet(TSHttpTxn txnp);*
**name credit goes to Susan Hinrichs and Alan Carroll*

The reason I believe this change is necessary is that plugins do not have
any clean way to access this data ( I am not sure if there is any at all)
and for one of the plugins I am working on it is crucial that this
information is logged. A specific example would be a plugin that hooks on
TXN_START and logs the protocol string.This function provides a simple
abstraction over the underlying method, it is as simple to use as it can
get, and therefore I believe it is a reasonable solution to the problem.

JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-4703
PR: https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/pull/829

Thank you for your time and consideration! Please let me know if you have
any questions.
Yours Sincerely,
Petar Penkov