trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Malenfant <smalenf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using RAMDISK with ats
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2016 13:07:58 GMT
Look into the Traffic Control CDN project. They have figured that one out
with the ramdisk block devices. As far as I can tell, it should be the
following :

- Set the proper ramdisk_size in the kernel boot line to create big enough
ramdisk block devices
- Put as many devices you need in the storage.config. You can have a single
ram_disk or multiple just like disk volume. Ex: "/dev/ram0 volume=2"
- Modify the permission to allow ats to read/write from the block devices
(using udev, if you are not running as root).
- Reboot server

Steve