trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dynamic config
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2016 01:40:04 GMT

> On Jul 21, 2016, at 7:03 AM, Penkar, Cylus <cpenkar@ebay.com> wrote:
>

> Folks,
>
> I am in a processing for writing a plugin (will talk more about it in the future) and
need config to be dynamic. What do we have currently in ATS (and plugins) that I can reuse?

This depends a lot on how you want to configure your plugin. These are the main options:

- Add custom records to records.config using APIs like TSMgmtStringCreate() and TSMgmtStringGet().
- Get notified on configuration events using TSMgmtUpdateRegister().
- Remap plugins get automatic reconfiguration support using TSRemapNewInstance() and TSRemapDeleteInstance().
- Receive a custom configuration message using the plugin message hook, TSLifecycleHookAdd(TS_LIFECYCLE_MSG_HOOK).
- Periodically poll for configuration changes using TSContScheduleEvery().