trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Susan Hinrichs <shinr...@network-geographics.com>
Subject Re: TS-4703 && PR-829
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2016 12:42:41 GMT

On 7/28/2016 7:28 PM, James Peach wrote:
>> On Jul 29, 2016, at 12:29 AM, Susan Hinrichs <shinrich@network-geographics.com>
wrote:

This

distinguishes HTTP/2 sessions, so it it not something that I think is ready to become API.
Since we already have an abstraction for HTTP versions (see TSHttpHdrVersionGet), maybe a
better approach is to expose a convenience API that returns the transaction HTTP version as
a TS_HTTP_VERSION() constant.
>>> We also have a pending review for TSHttpTxnIsWebsocket(), which seems to overlap
with this proposal.
>> Yes, we would like to know whether the transaction is part of a Http/1.x session
or a Http/2 session (or whatever else comes up in the future.
> Do you have a concrete use case for knowing this?

Yes, Petar encountered a need for this while writing one of his
functional testing plugins.  He added a "dump" feature which reports the
number of active sessions and the type of session.  This information can
be useful in debugging "stuck" sessions.  Or sessions behaving badly.