trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TS-4703 && PR-829
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2016 10:05:55 GMT

> On Jul 28, 2016, at 7:33 PM, James Peach <jpeach@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 28, 2016, at 5:50 AM, Petar Bozhidarov Penkov <ppenkov@stanford.edu>
wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> I am writing in accordance with the referenced Pull Request and JIRA issue.
>> I am proposing a GET-er method for Transactions's underlying protocol. This
>> relates to TS-2987 and is effectively one of the proposed solutions, a
>> wrapper around ProxyClientTransaction::get_protocol_string() . The proposed
>> API is as follows:
>>
>> *tsapi const char *TSHttpTxnClientProtocolGet(TSHttpTxn txnp);*
>> **name credit goes to Susan Hinrichs and Alan Carroll*
>
> Hi Petar,
>
> I’m not sure that this is the right approach. get_protocol_string() simply distinguishes
HTTP/2 sessions, so it it not something that I think is ready to become API. Since we already
have an abstraction for HTTP versions (see TSHttpHdrVersionGet), maybe a better approach is
to expose a convenience API that returns the transaction HTTP version as a TS_HTTP_VERSION()
constant.

We also have a pending review for TSHttpTxnIsWebsocket(), which seems to overlap with this
proposal.