trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TS-4703 && PR-829
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2016 00:28:59 GMT

> On Jul 29, 2016, at 12:29 AM, Susan Hinrichs <shinrich@network-geographics.com>
wrote:

>>> Hi Petar,
>>>
>>> I’m not sure that this is the right approach. get_protocol_string() simply
distinguishes HTTP/2 sessions, so it it not something that I think is ready to become API.
Since we already have an abstraction for HTTP versions (see TSHttpHdrVersionGet), maybe a
better approach is to expose a convenience API that returns the transaction HTTP version as
a TS_HTTP_VERSION() constant.
>> We also have a pending review for TSHttpTxnIsWebsocket(), which seems to overlap
with this proposal.
> Yes, we would like to know whether the transaction is part of a Http/1.x session or a
Http/2 session (or whatever else comes up in the future.

Do you have a concrete use case for knowing this?