trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Dnj <dnj0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: poll external server
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2016 19:51:52 GMT
I did see ats_pagespeed. I was looking for a socket interface and not a file interface.

> On Jan 21, 2016, at 9:36 AM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Jan 21, 2016, at 8:03 AM, Alan Carroll <solidwallofcode@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>
wrote:

>> The closest I could find is ats_pagespeed.This doesn't poll an external server but
it does poll a configuration file. Basically you set up a thread using TSThreadCreate(), have
it do the polling, and then communicate its results back via thread safe containers. I think
the pagespeed one works by creating a duplicate structure on configuration change, then atomically
swapping pointers. You still need to reference count so the old structure can be cleaned up.
Thread safe queues would work as well.