trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Masakazu Kitajo <mas...@apache.org>
Subject Build with ASAN
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2016 08:40:18 GMT
Hi there,

I can enable ASAN with -fsanitize=address flag but I also needed to remove
-no-undefined flag manually from some modules' Makefiles.

Without the modification, I get link errors such like below:
https://paste.apache.org/5sR6

According to the wiki, it seems we can't use ASAN with -no-undefined.
https://github.com/google/sanitizers/wiki/AddressSanitizer

So my questions are:
- How do you enable ASAN? (How/Where do you specify the flag?)
- How can I avoid the link error without manual modifications?

My build environment is OS X (Yosemite) with Apple LLVM version 7.0.2
(clang-700.1.81)

Thanks,
Masakazu