trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Dealing with GitHub PRs
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2016 20:19:08 GMT
Hi all,

first a gentle reminder; we only decided that having a Github PR is required for all commits.
We did not agree or decide that committers can not merge their own PRs. A committer can certainly
decide to merge someone else’s PR (please make sure the commit message is accurate), but
there can also be reasons why the original author would like to defer / delay the merge. For
example, maybe he has someone else reviewing it, or waiting for someone to test it etc.

We also agreed, I think, that all communications (reviews, problems, comments) on  should
be done on the respective Github PR. This allows us to track the flow and comments in one
place, and those Github messages does get posted back to the Jira. This means, in general,
don’t comment on the Jira directly, but on the Github PR. HOWEVER, this means all PR must
properly identify the Jira in the description, such that the tools can automatically cross
post. This does not include e.g. documentation changes, which don’t require Jira’s (but
they certainly can).

Cheers,

— leif