trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Carroll <solidwallofc...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: poll external server
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2016 15:03:05 GMT
The closest I could find is ats_pagespeed.This doesn't poll an external server but it does
poll a configuration file. Basically you set up a thread using TSThreadCreate(), have it do
the polling, and then communicate its results back via thread safe containers. I think the
pagespeed one works by creating a duplicate structure on configuration change, then atomically
swapping pointers. You still need to reference count so the old structure can be cleaned up.
Thread safe queues would work as well.