trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Kenny <jke...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Build with ASAN
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2016 15:31:14 GMT
Hi,
I have not built with asan with clang on the mac. I have built for RHEL 6 and 7. I had to
configure with these options.
CXXFLAGS -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fsanitize=address -static-libasan\
CFLAGS="-fno-omit-frame-pointer -fsanitize=address -static-libasan"\--disable-freelist\LUA_LDFLAGS="-fno-omit-frame-pointer
-fsanitize=address -pthread -static-libasan"

This seemed to work for me. On newer systems i was having issues with Lua breaking the build
as the tools has memory leaks in it. You can work around it by disabling Lua or just trying
to add flags to CXXFLAGS at risk that something might not be reported correctly in the lua
and or c code.
On linux at least if i was getting link errors it was because the libasan library was not
installed.
The mac from my experience is different from linux so this might not translate to the mac
100%
Hope this helpsĀ JasonĀ

      From: Masakazu Kitajo <maskit@apache.org>
 To: dev@trafficserver.apache.org
 Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2016 2:40 AM
 Subject: Build with ASAN

Hi there,

I can enable ASAN with -fsanitize=address flag but I also needed to remove
-no-undefined flag manually from some modules' Makefiles.

Without the modification, I get link errors such like below:
https://paste.apache.org/5sR6

According to the wiki, it seems we can't use ASAN with -no-undefined.
https://github.com/google/sanitizers/wiki/AddressSanitizer

So my questions are:
- How do you enable ASAN? (How/Where do you specify the flag?)
- How can I avoid the link error without manual modifications?

My build environment is OS X (Yosemite) with Apple LLVM version 7.0.2
(clang-700.1.81)

Thanks,
Masakazu