trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL/DISCUSS] New 6.x release schedule
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2015 12:48:06 GMT

> On Jul 20, 2015, at 2:23 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> seeing we’re having issues getting v6.0.0 ready and stable for a release candidate,
I’d like to propose the following changes to the 6.x release process:

> 1) v6.0.0 gets pushed out to September 15, 2016.  This does *not* mean you should ignore
the issues holding up the 6.0.0, on the contrary. Please, it is everyones responsibility to
help making these releases, not just the RM.

Well dammit, obviously Sep 15 2015.

-- Leif

> 2) v6.1.0 is scheduled for January 15, 2016, and v6.2.0 for April 15 2016.
>
> 3) There is no v6.3.0 release, instead v6.2.0 is the LTS for the 6.x cycle.
>
> 4) v7.0.0 stays scheduled for a July 2016 release for now, but we might revisit that
after the outcome of the v6.x releases.

> On a personal note, I’m a little disappointed that we’ve let the current RM down,
and have not been helping him getting the release for v6.0.0 ready for production use in a
timely manner. Being RM is an arduous task, everyone, please make an effort of lessen the
burden on our RMs by focusing development efforts on the upcoming release(s).