trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: deprecating some experimental plugins
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 15:22:09 GMT

On Apr 16, 2014, at 9:04 AM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:

> On Apr 16, 2014, at 8:58 AM, Shu Kit Chan <chanshukit@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> There are a few experimental plugins that I think should be deprecated. e.g
>> The lua plugin should be deprecated in favor of the newer ts_lua plugin.
>> The same can be said for the stale_while_revalidate in favor of the newer
>> rfc5861 plugin. During the recent summit in denver we also talked about
>> deprecating the spdy plugin as well.
>>
>> So i am proposing to move all of these into a new plugins/deprecated
>> directory in our source tree. Any comments on that?
>

> +1. There is a Jira on this:
>
> 	https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-2110

There is also

	https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-2555
	https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-2716
	https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-2120

(all owned by Kit now, congratulations! :)

And I agree with James, things in experimental which we deem not worthy of migration into
ts/ts.h, we should just remove. With the new API review process in place, I think experimental
has lost most of its value?

Cheers,

— leif