trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: git commit: TS-2711 Build with the include LuaJIT
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 16:02:24 GMT

On Apr 15, 2014, at 9:41 AM, James Peach <jpeach@apache.org> wrote:

> On Apr 15, 2014, at 7:29 AM, zwoop@apache.org wrote:
>> +# These are currently built separate, as part of building the lib/ tree, using
>> +# the normal LuaJIT build system. We are using the .o's directly, instead of the
>> +# luajit.a to avoid the linker from optimizing symbols away. We could maybe
>> +# switch to using the luajit.so, but that involves making sure it installs safely
>> +# and cleanly.
>
> Can you elaborate on this?

It doesn’t work with luajit.a, because it will optimize the symbols away. Installing a luajit.so
would work, but we risk conflicting with system installs, so we’d want to rename it.

>> -if BUILD_LUA_SUPPORT
>> +
>> +# On Darwin LuaJIT requires magic link options, otherwise it will crash in luaL_openlibs()
at startup. See
>> +# http://luajit.org/install.html.
>> traffic_server_LDFLAGS += @LUA_LUAJIT_LDFLAGS@
>> -endif
>
> AFAICT nothing ever caused LUA_LUAJIT_LDFLAGS to be set.

# On Darwin LuaJIT requires magic link options, otherwise it will crash in luaL_openlibs()
at startup. See
# http://luajit.org/install.html.
case $host_os in
  darwin)
    if test "x${enable_lua_support}" = "xLuaJIT"; then
      LUA_LUAJIT_LDFLAGS="-Wl,-pagezero_size,10000 -Wl,-image_base,100000000"
    fi
    ;;
esac

AC_SUBST(LUA_LUAJIT_LDFLAGS)