trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Scheduling a recurrent task
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 18:06:07 GMT

On Dec 17, 2013, at 9:38 AM, James Peach <jpeach@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
system for changes.  What's the best way to do this in a ATS plugin?

>>> Create a continuation and schedule it to run every so often on a TASK thread
.

>>> You can alternatively have the continuation scheduled for a single run, and have
it reschedule itself. That's useful if the interval between invocations is not fixed.

>> As I consider it more carefully, I probably don't want to scan the file system for
changes but, instead, should wait for traffic_line to tell my server to re-read configs.
Is there an event for that or does my plugin get restarted?

> Is that a global or a remap plugin?

Both.
Regards,
Alan