trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TSPluginInit() only being called once
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2013 00:22:05 GMT
On Dec 30, 2013, at 2:01 AM, Nick Kew <niq@apache.org> wrote:

>> On 29 Dec 2013, at 16:56, Leif Hedstrom wrote:
>>
>>> On Dec 29, 2013, at 7:37 AM, Alan D. Cabrera <adc@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Can I count on TSPluginInit() being called only once in the lifetime of a plugin?
>>

>> Currently, yes.
>>
>> There has been a number of discussions on the topic of making it possible to reload
plugins on a "live" system.

> Isn't that a separate issue?  A plugin can register an alternative-init
> function that works as a reload-init with TSMgmtUpdateRegister,
> just subject to TS-2036.

Sort of, but it doesn't reload the plugin code itself. A lot if people want to be able to
reload an updated .so on a live system. The reason I brought this up is because a future version
if ATS that supports this presumably need to call the init function again. So semantics might
change :).

Cheers

-- Leif