trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TDD/Unit testing ATS plugins
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2013 18:11:51 GMT

On Dec 31, 2013, at 9:44 AM, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for an example of an ATS plugin that has extensive unit tests.
>
> I'm having problems linking my Boost unit tests against the plugin library for obvious
reasons, it's a module not a shared library.

> I tried setting up an internal static library that the tests would link against but can't
seem to get the object files directly included into the ATS plugin.

I *think* Yahoo have (or had) a stub library to help with this. Basically, provide the necessary
TS APIs for a plugin to at least run some basic unit tests. It’s a wee bit tricky though,
particularly if the plugin expects to operate on real data (like request / response headers).

Bryan: Do you remember anything about this stub library ? Is it something Yahoo kept maintaining
?

Other than that, this seems like it’d be a useful harness for someone to provide :-).

— Leif