trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TSPluginInit() only being called once
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2013 02:08:15 GMT

On 31 Dec 2013, at 00:22, Leif Hedstrom wrote:

> Sort of, but it doesn't reload the plugin code itself. A lot if people want to be able
to reload an updated .so on a live system. The reason I brought this up is because a future
version if ATS that supports this presumably need to call the init function again. So semantics
might change :).

A plugin could take charge of that.  Libloader springs to mind:
 - it loads libraries.  It could optionally run a TSPluginInit.
 - it could introduce a TSMgmtUpdate function to unload/reload.

That would turn it from a trivial utility to something interesting!

--
Nick Kew