trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Scheduling a recurrent task
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 17:32:42 GMT

On Dec 16, 2013, at 7:47 AM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:

>> On Dec 16, 2013, at 8:33 AM, "Alan D. Cabrera" <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm writing a plugin that performs a recurrent task, i.e. watches a file system for
changes.  What's the best way to do this in a ATS plugin?

> Create a continuation and schedule it to run every so often on a TASK thread .
>
> You can alternatively have the continuation scheduled for a single run, and have it reschedule
itself. That's useful if the interval between invocations is not fixed.

As I consider it more carefully, I probably don't want to scan the file system for changes
but, instead, should wait for traffic_line to tell my server to re-read configs.  Is there
an event for that or does my plugin get restarted?

Regards,
Alan