trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Scheduling a recurrent task
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 17:38:12 GMT
On Dec 17, 2013, at 9:32 AM, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

> On Dec 16, 2013, at 7:47 AM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>> On Dec 16, 2013, at 8:33 AM, "Alan D. Cabrera" <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm writing a plugin that performs a recurrent task, i.e. watches a file system
for changes.  What's the best way to do this in a ATS plugin?

>> Create a continuation and schedule it to run every so often on a TASK thread .
>>
>> You can alternatively have the continuation scheduled for a single run, and have
it reschedule itself. That's useful if the interval between invocations is not fixed.

> As I consider it more carefully, I probably don't want to scan the file system for changes
but, instead, should wait for traffic_line to tell my server to re-read configs.  Is there
an event for that or does my plugin get restarted?

Is that a global or a remap plugin?