trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TSPluginInit() only being called once
Date Sun, 29 Dec 2013 16:56:01 GMT
On Dec 29, 2013, at 7:37 AM, Alan D. Cabrera <adc@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

> Can I count on TSPluginInit() being called only once in the lifetime of a plugin?

Currently, yes.

There has been a number of discussions on the topic of making it possible to reload plugins
on a "live" system. Nothing like that is in place now, code is only loaded once, and the plugin
init callback is only called once. For remap plugins, the instantiation callback can be called
any number of times, to accommodate multiple remap rules as well as reloading remap.config.

Cheers,

-- Leif