trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Use regex_remap to do URL redirect in ats 4.0.1
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 23:43:48 GMT

On Dec 18, 2013, at 4:20 PM, James Peach <jpeach@apache.org> wrote:

> On Dec 18, 2013, at 3:15 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Dec 18, 2013, at 8:42 AM, Ye, Hong <Hong_Ye@cable.comcast.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi James, Leif and anyone:
>>>

>>> I am still having problem to make following URL redirect working in 4.0.1. I
need to make following source URL:

>>> http://xfinity.net
>>
>> Pretty sure your problem is
>>
>> CONFIG proxy.config.body_factory.enable_customizations INT 0
>>

>> you need to enable that. See
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Upgrading+to+v4.0#Upgradingtov4.0-BodyFactorynowusedforCustomizableUserResponsePages
>
> Is there a Jira ticket for that? If it is required, shouldn't we force that setting to
1 and remove it?

There’s a Jira on that link, TS-2217. But yeah, that’s a fine question! Bryan, or Carlin
(or Igor), why did we even leave this configuration there? It seems allowing a crippling configuration
is bad mojo? At a minimum, shouldn’t we disallow the ‘0’ setting?

Cheers,

— Leif