trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From James Peach <jamespe...@me.com>
Subject Re: --enable-experimental-plugins
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 16:36:47 GMT
On Feb 5, 2013, at 8:03 AM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:

> On 2/5/13 9:00 AM, James Peach wrote:
>> On Feb 5, 2013, at 5:41 AM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>> b) would be my preference.

>>> Except the buildbots would be broken indefinitely unless you do option d). You
simply won't get several if these plugins to compile and run without very significant amount
of work. Or lots of ifdef's :)
>> I think that most of the plugins that need that kind of work are not even built when
the option is enabled ...

> Ah, so we already have d) in place then. There ought to be some (simple) ways for someone
who wants to fix these broken plugins to build them as well, no?

That part is missing. If someone wants to resuscitate one of the plugins that are not enabled
with --enable-experimental-plugins, the buildbots are the only infrastructure we have to help
them get it building across our supported platforms.