trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] End of Life of RHEL4 (CentOS4 etc.) support
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 23:49:47 GMT
Hi all,

with RedHat moving RHEL4 into extended support as of 2012, I think we
should stop supporting RHEL4 (and derivatives) for ATS. Meaning, we will
no longer try to compile / run on these platforms.

We still will support RHEL5 and later, which implies the lowest gcc
version we need to support is gcc v4.1.2. RHEL5 kernel is v2.6.18, which
is the older kernel I propose we support. It's obviously OK to use new
features in newer kernels, with appropriate #ifdef's etc., but the
default build needs to complete and pass regression on the RHEL5 (and
derivatives) standard platform.

Any concerns with this?

--- Leif