trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan M. Carroll" <...@network-geographics.com>
Subject Re: code review for SSL certificate refactoring
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 19:23:39 GMT
I have a library for doing this for my own codebase. I would be happy to donate a license and
source to TS.

Basically there is an XML file that describes the messages. During a build it generates C++
code to define a table of messages and creates a set of constants for the message values or
logging functions (or both). So instead of using Debug("tag", "format", arg, arg, arg) you
would have a function Tag(arg, arg, arg) which would generate the log. You can tweak around
the names and namespaces as needed. One of the things I came to like about this was the typechecking
on the debug arguments. The message file format supports specialized types for arguments (in
effect you can define a mapping from format codes to C++ types). If there  is any interest
at all, I write up some documentation.