trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From "Hershberg, Joshua" <>
Subject Async Content Transform Plugin
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2012 12:41:57 GMT

I am looking for some guidance writing a plugin to ATS to "transform" the content returned
from the upstream server in an asynchronous manner. That is, I would like to do something
akin to receiving an event in my plugin, hand off the content to a separate processing thread
or process, and then have the function return while the other thread or process transforms
the content. Once the separate thread finishes with the transform it would notify the Continuation
that the content is available, and the ATS state machine would continue on its way.

I am sure that the infrastructure exists to do this but I could not find any documentation
for this and thought it wise to ask before starting to read code. So, can this be done in
the standard Content Transform Plugin architecture? Is there any documentation on how to do
this? Or some pointers to code to read?