trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From James Peach <jamespe...@me.com>
Subject Re: Download mirrors and cache hits
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 16:35:16 GMT
On Mar 29, 2012, at 3:30 AM, Jack Bates wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 06:07:45PM -0700, James Peach wrote:
>> On Mar 24, 2012, at 12:06 AM, Jack Bates <6nyk5t@nottheoilrig.com> wrote:

[snip]

>>> Could this behavior be achieved with any of the existing "remap" plugins?
>>
>> I don't think so, but I don't have much experience with them. It might be worth poking
around the trafficserver-plugins repository to see whether there's anything similar ...

> Since the Metalink project is accepted to the Google Summer of Code this year, maybe
I can work on a Metalink Traffic Server plugin, and participate in GSoC? No one in the Metalink
project is familiar with Traffic Server: Are any Traffic Server project members interested
in mentoring work on a Metalink plugin?

> I am from Vancouver in Canada but am volunteering here in Rwanda for a year. My open
source experience includes maintiaing a couple packages in Debian. Once upon a time I contributed
to the Gallery web photo album project: I successfully contributed a WebDAV module. I contributed
some small patches to Asterisk, the Python OpenID library, the Android Open Source Project

> I am new to Traffic Server code, but there are other plugins to study and the scope of
a Metalink plugin is modest

Leif has volunteered to me a GSoC mentor and he's a very good person to help. If you file
a JIRA ticket at <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS> describing your proposal
and label it with the "gsoc2012" tag, that will cause the Apache organization to process it.

If anyone else out there has a GSoC project in mind, I'd encourage you to do the same!