trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Otto van der Schaaf <osch...@gmail.com>
Subject gzip plugin
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 14:28:03 GMT
Hi All,

I closed the old jira ticket for the gzip plugin, and created a new one
with the source code of our compressor code attached.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-1129

It's got four months of mileage in production, without any trouble (yet?
;)).

There is one major fix to be done, which i haven't been able to look in to
yet. I *think* it occurs when the origin sends connection close in its
response, but doesnt close the connection.
The plugin will currently bail and not perform compression when it sees a
connection close header, which has stopped the issue from occurring.

Hopefully, it will be of use to others.

Regards,

Otto van der Schaaf