trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: http proyx(big file can't be cached)
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 14:24:42 GMT
On 3/6/12 2:27 AM, kendo wrote:
> Hi:
>

> I use the TS as the http the proxy server, large files can not be cached, for example,
http download more than 10MB file or look an online video file.

Well, you have

CONFIG proxy.config.cache.ram_cache_cutoff INT 4194304

However, that would still allow it to be cached. Make sure you have a disk
cache, and that it is sufficiently large. Secondly, make sure the requests
are not Range: requests, we don't cache partial objects.

Third, make sure the object is cacheable. You can control some behavior with

CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.required_headers INT 2

(2 is the most conservative, requiring explicit Cache-Control or Expires
headers).

-- leif

-- Leif