trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From James Peach <jamespe...@me.com>
Subject Re: hostdb compatibility with 3.0.2
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 16:34:53 GMT
On Jan 5, 2012, at 6:28 AM, Alan M. Carroll wrote:

> The cache format was changed to support IPv6 and the DB version was bumped, in revision
1156401. I'm not sure what revision 3.0.2 was though.

3.0.2 was way before those changes because it still uses uint32_t for IP addresses :)

This seems likely to bite people upgrading ... are distro packagers expected to take care
of it, or do we need to detect and upgrade it on startup?

> Thursday, January 5, 2012, 12:23:23 AM, you wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>
>> I just spent the evening trying to bisect why TSHostLookup was returning an invalid
sockaddr. It turned out that removing the host.db cache fixed the problem. Is there an incompatibility
with 3.0.2? Is there any versioning in the cache file format that would detect this?