trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: hostdb compatibility with 3.0.2
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 16:53:01 GMT
On 1/5/12 9:34 AM, James Peach wrote:
> On Jan 5, 2012, at 6:28 AM, Alan M. Carroll wrote:
>
>> The cache format was changed to support IPv6 and the DB version was bumped, in revision
1156401. I'm not sure what revision 3.0.2 was though.
> 3.0.2 was way before those changes because it still uses uint32_t for IP addresses :)
>
> This seems likely to bite people upgrading ... are distro packagers expected to take
care of it, or do we need to detect and upgrade it on startup?

Hmmm, the ideas have generally been that any time we "break" any of the DB
compatibilities, we bump the version number, and the runtime system should
take care of reinitializing it. Did we forget to bump the version or
something here ?

-- Leif