trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Organization and releases of Plugins
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 23:24:58 GMT
On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 22:58:05 -0000 (UTC)
Igor Galić <i.galic@brainsware.org> wrote:

> The problem most often brought up in regard to releasing plugins
> bundled with the server is that it would make security fixes
> caused by a single plugin a lot harder to test. As a solution
> to this problem I propose to have all plugins bundled together
> and release them separate from the server.

How does that help?  A security issue is a security issue
and needs fixing, regardless of what (other) plugins are in use.

It might make sense to separate out particular plugins,
if for example they have a substantially different dev team
or release cycle to the base product.  But that would have
to be decided on a case-by-case basis, not a one-size-fits-all,
let alone an indiscriminate bundling!

--
Nick Kew