trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Protocol plugin
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 23:23:08 GMT
On 06/14/2011 04:51 PM, Eric Balsa wrote:
> Funny, i had that exact same problem and mentioned it to Leif but
> chalked it up to my local config strangeness. We should def. mention
> this somewhere.

Yeah, it's a bit of a mess, but we tried our best to communicate this
(this is also why 2.1.x was "unstable" :). Fwiw, this is also why I
implemented that little perl module that lets you script the updates to
a records.config file. There's one example using it for setting up a
forward proxy, in the source tree at
contrib/perl/ConfigMgmt/examples/forward_proxy.pl. In the interest of
showing what I do on my "CDN", I'm also attaching the script I use to
configure my reverse proxy.

I highly recommend using a script similar to this for keeping your
configs up to date. This way, if we change something in records.config
(not likely in the 3.0.x release, but could certainly happen on trunk
and 3.1.x/3.2.0), you can keep your config file up to date.

-- Leif