trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Documentation: TODO
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 21:04:29 GMT
On 06/07/2011 02:54 PM, Miles Libbey wrote:

> Wow. Sounds like a project to tackle when I get a lot smarter.  I hope this both sounds
a lot less daunting for others, and something like this is rarely needed.

> I'll download the html and make some modifications to the pages.

I agree, hopefully the tools will improve so mere mortals like me can
also help with docs.

> IMO, the current staged front page does not look good.  The projects that have front
pages that I think look decent (Cassandra (http://cassandra.apache.org/), Memcached (http://memcached.org/),
Wordpress (http://wordpress.org/), Redhat (http://www.redhat.com/), Miro (http://www.getmiro.com/),
Pidgim (http://www.pidgin.im/), etc) have mixed grids, with 1-3 columns per 'row.'  I'm ok
with not using the current live front page design -- but, it really should be somewhat purposely
designed -- the current staged front page gives me a feeling it got the default documentation
treatment, and suffers as a result. A bit of css isn't really going to help that -- there
isn't enough document structure to change much.

+1. I actually like the look and feel of our current home page a lot. I
was hoping that we could keep it, or at least something similar. I think
part of the problem is that no one (other than you Miles) is really
comfortable with site designs, CSS etc. So, it'd be great to get your
help here I think.

-- leif