trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>
Subject Re: should we change plugins default install dir to libdir instead of libexecdir?
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 00:53:29 GMT

----- Original Message -----
> hi, all:
>   We have now install plugins into libexecdir, which is recommend for
> used for executable files in most distributions, such as fedora:
> lib/ contains object files and libraries that are not designed to be
> directly utilized by users or shell scripts. The libexec/ directory
> contains small helper programs called by other programs

I don't think it makes much sense to change it. Those Distros
who don't like our default are free to change config.layout
and do exactly that. Apache HTTP Server has:

    libexecdir:    ${exec_prefix}/modules

And of course all the distros that don't like it, "fix" it.

I think all in all it's a bikeshed topic.
(My favourite colour is http://cornflowerblue.bikeshed.org/)

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org