trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Weekly dev@ meetings on IRC
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2010 13:24:42 GMT
Hmmm... use of IRC as a development process is not recommended.
Even if logged and posted, it still, by its very nature, excludes
people due to timezone differences and the like. Occasional
uses of IRC (and other more "real-time" events like f2f and
hackathons) are OK but rare.

Having an "official" one is not how ASF projects should be run.

I vote a very strong -1

On Nov 15, 2010, at 7:37 PM, Leif Hedstrom wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> in order to get us to sync up for upcoming releases, and all be able to discuss things
a little more interactively, I'd like to propose we have an official (and public) IRC session
for all developers. My proposal is that we join up on

>    Where: #ts-weekly-dev  on irc.freenode.net (standard IRC server for Apache)
>    When: Every Thursday at 10am PST
>    Who: Everyone interested in TS development
>

> The IRC sessions will be logged, and posted to dev@ when finished. In preparation for
each meeting, please email me before Wednesday night with topics, issues and things to discuss.
I will prepare and email the upcoming agendas on Wednesday evening.

> The first of these meetings, as an experiment, will be held this Thursday (11/18), 10am
PST. I hope to see you all there.