trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Scifres <>
Subject Re: Antw: Re: HTTP/1.0 with TS 2.1.3?
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 01:18:12 GMT

Does this mean turning this setting would allow "scrubbing" aka fast forwarding through a
web video would work?

----- Original Message -----
From: Leif Hedstrom <>
To: <>
Cc: Sascha Klose <>; <>
Sent: Thu Oct 28 19:15:56 2010
Subject: Re: Antw: Re: HTTP/1.0 with TS 2.1.3?

  On 10/28/2010 05:57 PM, Leif Hedstrom wrote:
> Now, I'm thinking that our defensiveness here might be a little bit
> overzealous, so what do you devs say about maybe adding a config
> option that tells ATS to trust the Content-Length header? Or perhaps
> relax the rules around when we don't trust the CL ?

I should point out that there is an API that sets the internal flag for
"trusting" the response CL header, but I have't tested it:

INKHttpTxnClientKeepaliveSet(INKHttpTxn txnp)
   HttpSM *sm = (HttpSM *) txnp;
   HttpTransact::State *s = &(sm->t_state);
   s->hdr_info.trust_response_cl = true;

   return 1;

I still think we should examine the possibility of also relaxing the
"hard" rules of never trusting the response CL header, via a
configurable flag (i.e. make it possible to trust some response CL
headers if enabled in records.config).

-- Leif

View raw message