trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <l...@ogre.com>
Subject Re: linker problem "defined in discarded section"
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 13:39:13 GMT
On 07/12/2010 06:45 AM, Rob Maidment wrote:
> Ok, I'm making progress now.  I noticed in the thread that Alan referred me to that someone
had worked around the problem by disabling compiler optimisation.  That worked for me too,
although in fact all I needed to do was disable inline functions, ie:

> -O3 -fno-inline-functions

Cool. That's kind of a bummer, but hopefully won't affect performance
too much.

> This worked for 2.0.0 and 2.1.1-unstable.
>
> So now I have to decide which version to test with.  I'm interested in measuring performance
and trying out some of the plug-in interfaces to see if trafficserver might be suitable for
my application.  Which version do you recommend?  How unstable is 2.1.1?

I would test v2.1.1, or even better, svn "trunk". v2.1.2 will hopefully
be out fairly soon, and v2.2.0 not to far after that (hopefully).

-- Leif