trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Do we really want the "examples" installed in .../lib ?
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 16:15:23 GMT
On 05/25/2010 09:41 AM, Andrew Hsu wrote:
> I'd be more inclined to see all the plugins moved into
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/trafficserver/plugins/

You mean including the examples? I'm really not that much in favour of
that, if we want to move them, they really would need to go with the
documentation directory. Like I said, they are not meant to be used,
they are there to illustrate code examples as documented in our on-line
documentation. People can (and should) steal parts of the example
plugins for building their own plugins (see the examples as skeletons),
but they are not usable on their own (and never will be probably with a
few exceptions, and those I'm +1 for moving into the plugins repo).

Cheers,

-- Leif