trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan M. Carroll" <...@network-geographics.com>
Subject Re: Reverse proxy transparency
Date Sun, 18 Apr 2010 20:25:29 GMT
Sunday, April 18, 2010, 3:15:16 PM, you wrote:

> Maybe I'm missing something, but how would it work if you forge the
> src-IP to the IP of the client?

Yes, you would have to provide external routing support to make it
work. It would not be possible where the origin servers are external.

> I don't think we currently support such a setup, not sure how
> easy or difficult it'd be to add.

Actually, I am working on that for the forward direction and was
interested to know if mechanisms were already in place for the
reverse. I will take your reply to indicate not, although the lower
level socket mechanisms do seem to have support for a "spoof IP"
address.