trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <l...@ogre.com>
Subject Re: cache partition size patch commit vote request
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 04:24:36 GMT
On 12/09/2009 05:15 PM, John Plevyak wrote:

> I would like to ask for a vote on whether or not to commit the cache
> partition size patch (+1, -1, 0).
>
> Background:

Before I vote, I guess the concern that will come up is how stable this
is? How can we verify that the new cache layout is at least as stable as
the old one? We just got access to a pretty serious proxy / cache tool,
it'd be interesting to running it against a build with and without this
patch, and see if that discovers any anomalies (it might detect other
bugs though in the code :).

-- Leif