trafficserver-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Call <bc...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Traffic Server open sourced
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 06:05:08 GMT
Hope, you don't mind that I added the dev mailing list.  Wanted to
show off the work you have done...

On Nov 2, 2009, at 7:36 PM, Theo Schlossnagle wrote:

> On Oct 30, 2009, at 12:29 PM, Bryan Call wrote:
>
>> We left in all the Solaris code knowing you might want to port it.
>>
>> There is one issue that I know of is we didn't handle not breaking
>> other OSes when we switched from poll to epoll.  When doing the
>> epoll project we didn't have open sourcing the code in mind and
>> figured we would only use the code on Linux.
>

> I've got traffic server itself built using Sun Studio C++ compiler.
> I can't get the logstats stuff to compile.
>
> It doesn't function due to the epoll stuff.  I've added ports
> support in (Solaris' alternative to epoll).  One large semantic
> difference between epoll and ports is giving me some issues.  In
> ports, when you "get" (similar to epoll_wait) the event is removed
> from the pollset and must be reassociated (like edge triggered to a
> further extent).  The epoll code you added assumes the added epoll
> event remains in the set (which it does).
>
> So, I've for the code complete and compiling (for the server itself)
> I just need to track down the issues with reregistering the events
> after failed non-blocking iops (EAGAIN).

We should have some checks in the code where we continue reading until
we get an EAGAIN.  I don't believe we do the optimization where you
can read until you get a partial buffer.

> I'd be happy to show you what I've got so far, not too much code
> change:
>
> ; svn diff | wc -l
>    2660

Seems like a few lines to review...