tomee-users mailing list archives

From exabrial12 <exabr...@gmail.com>
Subject MBean Annotations on TomEE8 and Java11 compilation problems
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2020 16:27:37 GMT
I know JMX2.0 was never officially ratified, but we've loved the ability of
TomEE to auto-register JMX beans using this api:
https://tomee.apache.org/examples-trunk/mbean-auto-registration

We typically couple that with Jolokia and Telegraf to monitor key stats in
our applications.

We're currently testing an upgrade from TomEE7/jdk8 to TomEE8/jdk11. During
the compilation phase, maven is telling us it can't find the class
definitions for these annotations anymore:

[ERROR]
/Users/jonathan.fisher/dev/x-x/src/main/java/com/x/x/x/initiator/jmx/ChangePasswordReminderMBean.java:[24,2]
error: cannot find symbol
[ERROR]   symbol:   class ManagedOperation
[ERROR]   location: package javax.management

The JAR with the annotation definitions is a provided dependency, so this
seems very strange. Thank you!