tomee-users mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de.INVALID>
Subject Re: Migration step of jtaManaged flag in context resources
Date Fri, 11 May 2018 08:27:25 GMT
Hi Fabian!

To give a bit more context:

Having actual db connections configured inside a WAR or EAR is usually something you'd rather
like to avoid.
Having passwords checked in into your source repo, needing to recompile if you want to tweak
the connection or credentials, etc
All that is simply not a really good idea.

This problem is imo best solved by separating off all configuration and kind of 'infrastructure'
setup from your own appliaction source and provide it via the container.

TLDR; I recommend configuring DataSources and stuff in the container and not in your WAR:
Just use /conf/tomee.xml [1].
And you can ofc also encrypt your passwords [2] so they are not stored in plain text.

LieGrue,
strub

[1] https://tomee.apache.org/configuring-datasources.html
[2] https://tomee.apache.org/datasource-password-encryption.html