tomee-users mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de.INVALID>
Subject Re: TomEE Stable and OpenJDK
Date Fri, 04 May 2018 19:49:05 GMT

I think what the download page fails to communicate is which EE level it addresses.

We should probably split this into different areas on the download page.

To clarify this

TomEE-1.7.x adresses the JavaEE 6 specifications, with minimum requirement Java7 (up to Java8)
TomEE-7.0.x adresses JavaEE 7, with minimum Java7, soon up to Java11 (7.0.5 in preparation
right now)
TomEE-7.1.x (wip) will address JavaEE7 + MicroProfile 1.3, with minimum Java8
TomEE-8.0.x (wip) will address JavaEE8 (+ MicroProfile 1.0) with minimum Java8

ATTENTION: we switched the maven groupId from org.apache.openejb.* in TomEE-1.7.x and before
to now org.apache.tomee.
So in case you want to update, just change the groupId. All the rest remained the same.

Fabian, I hope I did cover what you were looking for.

txs and LieGrue,
strub