tomee-users mailing list archives

From fabian-a.rich...@rohde-schwarz.com
Subject RE: [Newsletter] Re: Migration step of jtaManaged flag in context resources
Date Mon, 14 May 2018 06:57:01 GMT
Hi Mark and Romain,

thanks for your replies!

Is the resources.xml approach a portable solution? E.g. if we want to support Wildfly in the
future, which approach is the most portable? Tomee.conf doesn’t sound too portable :)

Thanks and best
Fabian

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de.INVALID>
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2018 10:27 AM
To: users@tomee.apache.org
Subject: *EXT* [Newsletter] Re: Migration step of jtaManaged flag in context resources

Hi Fabian!

To give a bit more context:

Having actual db connections configured inside a WAR or EAR is usually something you'd rather
like to avoid.
Having passwords checked in into your source repo, needing to recompile if you want to tweak
the connection or credentials, etc All that is simply not a really good idea.

This problem is imo best solved by separating off all configuration and kind of 'infrastructure'
setup from your own appliaction source and provide it via the container.

TLDR; I recommend configuring DataSources and stuff in the container and not in your WAR:
Just use /conf/tomee.xml [1].
And you can ofc also encrypt your passwords [2] so they are not stored in plain text.

LieGrue,
strub

[1] https://tomee.apache.org/configuring-datasources.html
[2] https://tomee.apache.org/datasource-password-encryption.html