tomee-users mailing list archives

From Violeta Georgieva <violet...@apache.org>
Subject org.apache.commons.codec filtered by the classloader but not provided by TomEE WebProfile
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2018 12:35:03 GMT
Hi,

I have an EAR file with "lib" folder that contains "commons-codec" and a
WAR file that uses the libraries located in the "lib" folder. I do not have
issues with the other libraries in that folder but with "commons-codec" I
receive the exception below.

I'm using TomEE 7.0.4 WebProfile and in that distribution there is no
"commons-codec" provided by TomEE itself because of this I'm providing it
with the EAR file.

While debugging I saw that "org.apache.commons.codec" is intentionally
filtered by the classloader

https://github.com/apache/tomee/blob/master/container/openejb-core/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/util/classloader/URLClassLoaderFirst.java#L305

How it is supposed to provide this library so that my application can use
it?

Thanks,
Violeta

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.codec.binary.Base64
	org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1285)
	org.apache.tomee.catalina.TomEEWebappClassLoader.loadClass(TomEEWebappClassLoader.java:208)
	org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1119)