tomee-users mailing list archives

From cocorossello <cocorosse...@gmail.com>
Subject JtaEntityManager GC
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2018 15:44:25 GMT
Hi,

We are having some memory problems in our applications. We are using tomee
7.0.4 with eclipselink, no second cache level. Most of the application are
@ApplicationScoped.

Transaction is managed by container (JTA), no extended transactions at all,
everything we do with persistence is through the entity manager, which is
always injected with:
    @PersistenceContext(unitName = "travelcPU")
    private EntityManager entityManager;

I have isolated one production server, and waited until all sessions are
dead and then flushed all caches and then I took a heapdump. It's still
1.6Gb, even with no information, I think it's quite big.

I can see in the heapdump some 22K
org.apache.openejb.persistence.JtaEntityManager . And then (And I'm not sure
if it's related to JtaEntityManager)  a lot of QueryBasedValueHolder which
are in fact holding references to a lot of our domain objects.

So, my question is, shouldn't those JtaEntityManager be cleared on GC? I
think that they don't hold references to the eclipselink EnityManager, so
the problem probably comes from another part, but can you confirm?

Thanks in advance.